Saturday 28 October 2017

Single Parents: How has dating changed for you?


Please let me know if this allowed here, since it's more about me than my child. But I specifically wanted advice from parents.Today while browsing /r/askreddit I started scrolling through the answers to "What's a relationship deal-breaker for you" and one of the top comments was women with kids. I don't think that's unreasonable, someone else's child/ren is a lot to take on, and some people don't want kids at all. That's their right. But a lot of the responses there implied that young parents who did not stay with their "baby mama/daddy" are failures and irresponsible. I wonder if people see me this way?My husband and I are separated, he now lives on the other side of the world and I'm raising our 5 month old son by myself. While I'm not quite ready to start dating again, I know that one day I'd really like to be in love again. But I feel like nobody is going to want to be with me now. I love my son more than anything in the world and wouldn't change a thing, but I still feel sad that I might not get to experience romantic love again for a very long time.Honestly I feel like a loser for not being able to work things out with my husband (lord knows I tried) and I'm afraid that people will look at me like I'm a young, stupid, clueless mother with a ton of baggage.Any single parents here have some words of encouragement? How has dating changed for you now that you have kids? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2yS1Yfj

No comments:

Post a Comment