Monday 30 October 2017

4 year old repetitively Cries "I wanna stop crying"


So frustrated I want to pull my hair out. I have a 4 year old that is stuck in a nasty crying phase. I can't seem to break the habit, its "I want to stop crying" on repeat. Or something like "I wanna ... (Whatever was frustrating)"I've tried, walking away until he is ready to be done, sending him to a safe place to calm down until he feels better, breathing, being calm and talking through it, making it a joke. Nothing seems to be working when he gets in this mode.This morning he cried "I wanna put my shirt on" for 40 minutes because he had a breakdown while getting dressed. I just don't have an extra hour every morning to let him cry it out. His preschool teachers are having difficulties as well and have asked me how to handle it (on two occasions now) but I'm at a loss. Any Suggestions? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gOMsGu

No comments:

Post a Comment