Tuesday 31 October 2017

My wife doesn't do anything with our kids


Random throwaway account, as the name implies.I've done some searching around on this subreddit, and I feel like I have the "opposite" problem that many seem to have. My wife is a stay at home mom, and we have a 3 year old girl and a 2 year old boy.Normally I see distress about the house not being clean or not having any food at home or not having a dinner to come home to. This is actually not the case for me. My wife is pretty clean, she does the laundry, she cooks dinner, she goes grocery shopping. The only thing is, I get the feeling she does absolutely nothing with the kids. My three year old daughter barely talks, my two year old son doesn't say a word. Whenever I get home, the alarm system is still set to "stay" so it's obvious to me that she doesn't take them outside to play. My three year old isn't potty trained. Whenever she makes them dinner it's always some form of mac n' cheese, or hot dogs. I get the feeling she doesn't even want to deal with toddler pickiness and doesn't even make an attempt at trying to make them new foods to try at least along with their mac n' cheese.I really don't know how to approach her about this. She does a local moms group thing, and she often jokes about how she's a "bad mom" or how she's not doing a good job here. And I never laugh, because deep down I just want to say something like "yeah, you're right."I work 40-50 hours a week, and I'm a reservist, so we're doing ok with myself as the only income earner. But sometimes I really really want to tell her to make all the money, so I can be the one at home making sure our kids are growing and developing.I'm just not sure what to do. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2A4XzDp

No comments:

Post a Comment