Friday 27 October 2017

Found my daughters sanitary napkin in the shower.


My daughter is 15. She has been having periods for a few years now but she has some real issues with keeping it cleaned up so it doesn't effect others. She will let the garbage can build up and it smells and I have to constantly remind her to dump it. I told her she needs to dump it daily when its that time of the month. Sometimes she is to embarrassed to tell me she needs stuff and she uses toilet paper and bleeds out all over everything and ruins her underwear. I am her father and she lives with me and my wife who is not her mother. So I think she is uncomfortable with he whole period thing. I tried telling her its no big deal and that it is natural and normal and if she needs anything to tell me and I can get her that stuff. She seems to make it really awkward and tonight when I found the tampon in the shower sitting on the shelf next to the shampoo I was mortified. I explained to her a father doesn't want to see that. And it is extremely unsanitary and disrespectful to do that. And then I made her scrub and bleach the shower. I don't know if I am handling this right or handled this situation right. But does anyone have any advice to help me make it though this awkwardness? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2yUAoO6

No comments:

Post a Comment