Monday 30 October 2017

No Gift birthday parties?


My son turns three next month and i'm working on party invites. I want to include a line about no gifts or possibly something about if people really want to bring a gift, they can bring something to donate to toys for tots or our local animal shelter. (haven't decided yet) His birthday is about a month before christmas and my daughters' birthday is a month after christmas. We're full to capacity for toys... and clothes... and everything else. I've already spoken to family members about either gifting to the kids' college funds or giving experience gifts for christmas.But- I'm getting some push back about not accepting toys at the birthday party. Arguments have been: I'm denying people the joy of giving or it takes the fun out of birthdays, etc. I feel that the party itself is enough of a gift from my husband and I and my kids really really don't need anything else.Thoughts on asking for no gifts? If you're pro- no gifts, any advice for how to word in on the invitations? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2yWYKY7

No comments:

Post a Comment