Saturday 28 October 2017

Advice on NOT raising a follower


I have known for a while that my 6yo son tends to do what his friends do. When he was in preschool he got "in trouble" for following a misbehaved friend. After that we talked to him and since Kindergarten he has stayed in good company. But even so, I observe his friendships dynamic and most of the time he ends up playing what his friends want or he believes almost anything they say, even if we have told him something different.I know it might be that I see myself reflected in him since up until I was a teenager I felt more secure doing, wearing or saying what my friends did than coming up with my own ideas because I felt I had none.This might be more my problem than his but I would like him to be more self-confident, proactive and independent than I ever was at his age.How can I better help him? Are there any good books you'd recommend? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iJOo7j

No comments:

Post a Comment