Friday 27 October 2017

Is this too much?


My daughter just turned two. She has started to cry when she wants something, so my husband and I have to cycle through everything that she might want until she stops crying and says yes. It's very stressful and obviously annoying. We decided to start saying "no crying use your words" and walking away when she cries until she asks for it. It's killing me, she gets even more upset when I walk away and it feels like I'm abandoning her.Today was the worse, she was in her high chair and in the past has always asked to get down, today she just did the crying thing again, so I did the walk away thing. She freaked out more than ever. I tell her to use her words and say "down, please". She just glared at me and screamed louder. I swear it went on for twenty minutes. I got so upset seeing her upset my husband had to take over and of course he just walked away once and she stopped screaming and asked to get down.Now she's mad at me and won't come near me. Am I being abusive? I grew up in a very dysfunctional family and have no memories growing up. Which I'm kind of grateful for. But I have no idea what I'm doing. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zK761Y

No comments:

Post a Comment