Friday 27 October 2017

Parents of toddlers, do you use the word "bad" when teaching your children about the confrontational behaviour of other children?


I took my son to a playgroup where there were a couple of hyperactive, rampaging little boys wreaking havoc that I could easily call "bad" kids. I know one of them in particular is always out of control and intimidating other kids.My son (turned 2 in June) essentially asked me about the behaviour of one of them, after having a bit of an encounter. "Why he do that?" or something to that effect.I was ready to say "oh they're just bad kids", but held back, and I'm not really sure why. That's when my son piped in and asked "maybe too much sugar?"At a loss for the best thing to tell him, I just smiled agreed with him.I thought about using the word "bully" too, but didn't. What do you tell your kids? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2yRqFZl

No comments:

Post a Comment