Tuesday 31 October 2017

Shared Custody/Dad Isn't taking son Trick or Treating


My son's dad and I have agreed to 50/50 custody of our son. My son had asked me last month if I could have him Halloween but dad said no, he wanted to take him this year to go ToT. I agreed. I didn't buy my son a costume bc in past years, the parent who takes our son ToT buys the costume. Well I call my son a little bit ago to say Happy Halloween and request pics from tonight only to find out dad isn't taking him because he couldn't afford a costume. I told him if money had been an issue, he could have came to me and I could have helped. He then mentioned not going because his stepson is too old to go and his two year old hates ToT. I asked if he could bring him to me (we only have one car and my s/o is at work) and that I could pull out my son's costume from last year. He said no.I am pretty bummed, my son loves Halloween and I feel like his dad let him down. I understand money can be tight but I could have gotten him a costume, I really suspect they just didn't want to take him out. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iRSDxz

No comments:

Post a Comment