Tuesday 31 October 2017

Daycare suddenly serving unhealthy food - but only to certain age group. What to do?


My 2 and 4 year olds go to daycare. They offer a lunch program or you can send them with a packed lunch. They are both on the lunch program, it's always very healthy lunches and snacks, that's part of the reason I chose the daycare. Each month they send a calendar home that tells you what the lunches will be that month, there has always only been one lunch menu for both kids. However we just received the lunch menu for November and this time there are two separate ones for each child. The 4 year old's is just as healthy as ever, things like quinoa, chickpea falafel, hummus etc. However the 2 year old's is suddenly all unhealthy food like hot dogs, chicken nuggets, English muffin pizza-whatever that is. The snack for everyday is simply listed as "fruit". While the 4 year olds menu still contains a wide variety of healthy snacks.Should I bring this up with the daycare? I don't want to be the difficult parent that is complaining about things but I'm not okay with these foods being served to my two year old on a weekly basis. I can always switch him to pack lunch, I already pack a lunch for my older daughter who is in school so it wouldn't be a huge deal. I liked having them both on the lunch plan however. I'm just confused as to why they would suddenly switch up the menu like this. Advice would be appreciated! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2hqapET

No comments:

Post a Comment