Sunday 29 October 2017

Husband is obsessed with losing weight and won’t stop talking about in front of our daughter. Worried it may make her worry about her weight in the future.


So my husband and I have been together for 11 years. He used to be pretty fit when we started dating and over the years had put on about 25lbs. He still looked great to me and by no means was overweight but he decided 6 months ago that he wanted to shed the lbs and start eating healthy and working out. So we both did it together since I still had 10lbs of baby weight that wouldn’t go away(honestly I wasn’t even trying since I was still slim). I lost my 10 lbs in 6 weeks and he lost his 25lbs in 15 weeks of dieting and exercising! Which was great but now he is obsessed with eating healthy and running. It’s all he talks about. My daughter is only 2 and half currently but he will say things like “don’t make that for dinner it will make us fat” or “you can’t eat that because it’s for fat people”, like if she asks for ice cream. He also is always on the scale and always saying how gross really overweight people are when we are out and about. He also will comment how he is getting fat again if he gains a lb(he’s nowhere near fat he is 135 and 5’5). He has never been like this before. Anyways I’ve asked him to stop talking about other peoples weight around our daughter and not to weigh himself when she is around and to also not use the word fat around her. He can tell her that’s a unhealthy choice maybe we can eat just a little bit of it or have something else instead or that will make your tummy hurt if you eat too much of it so let’s just eat a little bit. Which would be better the saying that will make you fat. But he keeps doing it and tells me to stop nagging! I just don’t want my daughter to have a complex and don’t want her to look down on overweight people or make fun of them! Am I wrong on this? Or should he stop! Also I think he may have a problem and I don’t get why he is all of sudden worried about his weight so much. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2z1fRHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment