Sunday 29 October 2017

Long Story and Looking For Advice


Ive left out names and ages for some anonimity and this is a throwaway acct, hopefully thats ok. TLDR ath the end.Hi everyone, just feel like I need some advice from fellow parents at the moment and this seemed like a good place to start (I may also post on r/relationships due to some of this not being exactly parenting related)Me and my (ex?)partner have a 1yo. We recently split, it was my fault and she ended it and I really cant blame her but we are still on good terms and being friendly, I am still madly in love with her but i have some issues that she doesnt need to deal with right now. I still feel that when she knows I have dealt with those problems in my life we can have a happy future together but I honestly cant tell if she feels the same, or even if she knows how she feels herself. For the meantime I am living with my parents and see our daughter as often as I can hovever working 8-5 mon/friday and saturday mornings means only weekends and even then her mother works similar hours so she feels like she wants weekends with her too, which I completely understand (our daughter stays with grandma during work hours in case anyone was wondering).The next part which may not be strictly parenting related but still feels like it may impact on my own relationship with my daughter in the future and may or may not be one of the things that are causing problems for me personally. I found out a few years ago that my dad is not my biological father, this was a complete shock and never even thought anything of it. I dont know if i want to contact my biological father as ive been told that he wanted nothing to do with me and my mother when i was born (he was married with children) but if my mother hid this from me for so long how do i know if thats true and she isnt lying about it? I dont want to hurt my Dads feelings about this as he has always been a great father to me (i was born before he met my mother so he knows im not his obviously).So what would you guys do in my position? How do any of you seperated parents deal with not seeing your children, should i find a job with less hours? ordo i deal with it? how could being a single dad affect other areas of my life that ive not thought of? and do I attempt to contact my biological father? how do I approach my mother about it? what if i do and he doesnt want to speak with me? and how on earth do i get my life back on track? i am so lost and not sure if i can cope. it feels like my life is a mess and there is no way to fix it.sorry for the rant and long post but this is probably as short as i can make it in a complicated situation like this.TLDR: broke up with my partner, we have a 1Yo and i dont have much time away from work, also my Dad isnt dad and dont know if i should find dad because of Dads feelings. What do?Note to mods- if any of this is against any rules feel free to message and i can remove or eddit as nessicary :) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lqmWfX

No comments:

Post a Comment