Saturday 28 October 2017

Am I overreacting about my husband's interactions with my 10-year old daughter


My husband and I have been married for 15 years now and we have 2 kids, a 10-year-old daughter, and a six-year-old son.We are not afraid to show affection so there is a lot of hugging and kissing. Of late I am a little concerned about my husband's interactions with my daughter.My daughter and I not very ticklish while my son and husband are very ticklish. So there is a lot of tickling going on and it is mostly fun. But with my daughter growing up I feel my husband needs to be more appropriate while interacting with my daughter. He is constantly nuzzling her neck or tickling her under her clothes. I put a stop to the under the clothes part and he accused me of making a big deal of nothing.Today morning I was having a lie in and my daughter joined me in my bed. She was hugging me and I was telling her about her babyhood when my husband came in and joined us. He started hugging her and then rested his chin on her breasts. I asked him to take his chin away (in a language my daughter doesn't understand). He did and after she left the room I told him that it was inappropriate to do what he did. He got angry again, said I was making something harmless look ugly. He said he didn't even notice where his chin was and that even if he did place his chin on her breasts there is nothing wrong since he didn't mean anything by it. Now he is not talking to me.I was abused as a child by a close family member so now I am wondering if I am being too sensitive. For context, my husband's family is very touchy feely and mine is not. My husband is for the most part a good father and a good husband. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2yUEGTJ

No comments:

Post a Comment