Tuesday 31 October 2017

How to help child be more confident.


My son is almost 5, and for the last few weeks has been struggling with being confident in what he wants.He's constantly asking us "is this a good choice?" "What should I choose?" "What's the best choice to pick?" about everything. I will usually turn the question back to him, and he gets agitated "I DON'T KNOW! Can you tell me?" and will continue to be upset.We will also make decisions and he will question them "are you sure that's the best choice?" Or we will say "you need to make choices for yourself!" and again he will get agitated/irritable and almost panicky. I believe he struggles with anxiety (I have generalized anxiety disorder as well) and he is seeing a counselor for other issues but I'm curious if your similarly aged child has struggled with this and how you help. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zmr0UF

No comments:

Post a Comment