Sunday 29 October 2017

Inappropriate Toddler Costume?


I am feeling pretty shocked and upset right about now, but I need some honest feedback. I have a 15 month old son and I dressed him up and entered him into our small town fall festival costume contest. So a little background about the contest: they do it by age group so 0-3, 4-6, 7-10, 11-15, 16-18, and 18+ obviously my son was in 0-3, which goes first. Each kid is taken across the stage by a parent and asked 2 random questions by judges and then at the end they arrive at a 0-3 age group town winner. So we registered, got in line, and as we were waiting in line one of the directors of the fair came over and said we would not be allowed to compete because the costume violated the rules. I asked what rule it violated and she said it was inappropriate in the age group, I asked to see the rule, the line literally just states "costumes must be age appropriate" I look up and there is a toddler girl in my son's age group dressed in daisy dukes and a crop top as a cow girl, which is apparently age appropriate and my son's is not.His costume was: Henry the 8th, I sewed it myself. He was in a wagon (like lots of kids) with 6 Barbie dolls in gowns (representing 6 wives of Henry the 8th, I'm a huge history nerd) and a gold chalice. His costume was full coverage ( I have photos) velvet robe, white tunic, white stockings, blue hat.I am baffled as to why he was not allowed to compete, why this was considered inappropriate, and how I violated any rules. Any insight parents? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2z1jEVF

No comments:

Post a Comment