Saturday 28 October 2017

Should I be worried about a comment my daughter made?


My daughter is 10 and seems like a normal happy girl. My son, her brother is 3. They love when I take them to the local indoor pool, we go about once a week when they visit me. I am in the process of divorcing their mother.Well last time we went as we were leaving, heading towards the locker rooms to change, (she goes into the women's by herself while I take my son with me into the men's), she makes a comment that she wished she was a boy so she could come with us into the same room.Don't get me wrong I'm very progressive minded, this post isn't about me worried she's transgender or something, I'd be ok if that was the case. I'm just concerned she isn't happy with herself. She's never made a comment like this before. My response to her, and I made sure she was looking me in the eyes, was that it's ok to be who she is. Like I said, she seems happy and fine every other time. She didn't dwell on the situation.I guess my question is if anyone has any experience with a similar situation, or just how to help her be happy with herself, and who she is. I know she's only 10 so as she becomes a teen this kind of thing may happen more. I just want to help her grow into a happy, healthy person.Any advice is welcome, thanks. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zWEjZ0

No comments:

Post a Comment