Sunday 29 October 2017

My husband injured my daughter in an attempt to teach her a lesson.


My husband and I have 6 kids.(19M, 19F-twins) 17M, 15M ,13F, 10M). We have so many because my husband grew up with 12 brothers and sisters and said it was the best childhood.We live in a place where sports are everything. Specifically football. My husband played in college, My son plays in college, and my other 2 sons play in high school. Even my youngest plays peewee.Last week our 13 year old daughter announced that she would go out for the boys football team next year. I was all for it, she has plays sports since she was little, and she has always been a little bit of a tom boy.We had this "Rule", that before anyone can play football, they have to score a TD and get by my husband. All the boys have done it, and they all "won". The rules are pretty simple, you have 4 downs to run by him, and get to the other side of the yard.We a went to the backyard to have our "Test". As usual the entire family came to watch. She has the ball, she's giggling as she starts running to the other side of the field. (I should mention that He made her put of full pads for this. None of the other kids had to do that.) My oldest son yells Dad! With a panicked look on his face. That's when I noticed that my husband was running at almost a full sprint. He tackled her, hard. He tackled her full contact. He gets up, and says something like, not so funny now is it. She just lies there for a minute, my husband tells us all not to move.My daughter is 5'2 maybe 100 pounds. My husband is 6'4 last time we checked 240. She got up wheezing. He asks if she wanted to give up. She said no, and they continued. He tackled her hard, again, and again. He wasn't going easy on her like he did the boys. He wasn't giving her an inch.The last time, she nearly made it past him, he grabbed her ponytail, and slammed her down. If its hanging from the helmet its fair game he said.After it was all over, we went to her. I was pissed, my oldest son said that it was uncalled for. Everyone else was speechless.The next day, She complained about her wrist, and how it hurt to breath. We took her to the ER, they said that she had 2 bruised ribs, and a hairline fracture in her wrist.My husband just said that that's is what it will be like on the field if she chooses to play football with the boys. He wanted her to know what she was getting into. He said that he didn't hold back because the boys on the field wont, and shouldn't have to.I am still pissed. She has to wear a cast, and lesson or not, my husband hurt his own child, and even though he didn't mean to injure her, he did mean to cause her pain.TL;DR My daughter wanted to play football so my husband made her play against him. He purposely tackled her full force which injured her, to teach her a lesson. In pissed. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xxaFIa

No comments:

Post a Comment