Tuesday 31 October 2017

Stalin, Hitler and serial killer Halloween costumes


My 13 yo daughter and her boyfriend (16) are going to a Halloween party this weekend. They've been thinking about their costumes and as it is Halloween they want them to be scary, so basically they thought up some scary people: Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Fidel Castro, Mao Zedong, the zodiak killer, jack the ripper, Ted Bundy and more. Some of these people are easier to dress up to than others.I wonder how controversial and insensitive this is. Is it a terrible idea to dress up as Hitler? Is Stalin as bad? What about Pol Pot and the other leaders who killed their own people? What about the serial killers? Is it insensitive to the victims? Is it ok if the serial killer of choice is long since dead but not if him and his victims relatives are still alive? Is it fine as long as they dress as a generic serial killer and no one in particular?They don't mean to harm anyone but I don't think it has occurred to them people might be offended by the type of scary person costumes they are considering. (To them this is just scary people they heard of online but never came in contact with if you see what I mean.) Please give me your input because I don't know which of these costumes are offensive and I want to know what people think before I talk to them. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lwRXij

No comments:

Post a Comment