Friday 27 September 2019

Wife insist on breast feeding new baby despite professional advice to discontinue


My wife and I (both 36) just had a baby almost 6 weeks ago. We have 6 older children ranging from 12 years old down to 2. She was never successfully able to breastfeed any of our other children due to supply issues brought on by pcos. She from the very beginning wanted to try to breastfeed our new baby for at least 6 months for various reasons. Anyway she had her first pediatrician appointment with our new daughter today and it is clear that the baby is failing to thrive. She has completely fallen off the growth chart. The doc recommended to immediately stop breastfeeding and to start on formula. My wife is for some reason taking the peds recommendation as a personal attack on her and intends to continue her current course of breastfeeding despite my insistence that she follow dr orders. I go to sea for a living and just happened to be in port so I was lucky enough to be able to get an update on the day of the appointment. I am feeling almost frantic regarding this situation. I am not due home for a few more weeks but I cannot allow my wife to continue this course of action. I almost called CPS but as you can imagine this causes problems for me to. If I leave the ship without a relief and it is unable to sail because they cannot leave port without my position on board my career is over. What should I do?Edit: So things have developed quickly. Oldest daughter called and wife is clearly having mental health issues. Called in the calvary so to speak and help is there. My mom and sister are coming in tomorrow from another state with instructions to feed baby formula and to physically subdue wife if necessary. If CPS has to get involved now at least my family is there so they won't be carted off to foster homes. Work is relieving me at the next port in 4 days. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2nVArpq

No comments:

Post a Comment