Saturday 28 September 2019

3 Y.O Boy not communicating/throwing tantrums - Need advice


Ever since my child has turned two, mom and dad have been on anxiety island. My son, who I love so very much, was getting in trouble for biting in day care. We felt awful bc it was happening often and we had no clue how to fix it so we took him out. Around that time, we noticed a speech delay. Fast forward to now, he was diagnosed (by education system) with autism. He is now 3.2 years old and attends a pre k, speech and occupational therapy, and is doing well. He is talking more but no where near where his peers are. It’s mostly babble that only we can understand.While I’m not sure I agree with the diagnosis sometimes, I’ve absolutely accepted it. He’s my child so I just want techniques that work to HELP HIM. He doesn’t listen or communicate to instructions very well at all. If we tell him no he can’t have a cupcake, he will try every which way possible to evade us and get it. When we say no again, he freaks out. He then goes to other ppl to get it and then I have to say no and then he starts screaming. He does this often and he just doesn’t understand. I get normal toddler things, but this is almost if we say no or any form of no, it’s a yell or cry type event. If we pass target or sonic, he gets upset bc he doesn’t get to go in or get a large cup of water. It’s like we can’t do anything without ticking him off.When we try to teach him- he is very hyperactive (Literally NEVER sits still) and when we say try to concentrate, try to pee on the potty, etc just to get him to try to learn it ends up a struggle. I am at my wits end. Is there any advice or hope? We have tried the stay calm constantly route, the ENOUGH look route, the try not to say no to things but instead defer route, try to teach him. I just don’t know if I am a bad parent who can’t teach his kid or if my kid just can’t communicate so he acts like this... he is a great kid but this issue and non communication is so damn tough. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2m0VVkj

No comments:

Post a Comment