Thursday 26 September 2019

Update: Someone's eating all the food, and someone's Lying (It was an eating disorder)


​Original posthttps://https://ift.tt/2lUFRAD it was the perfect ruse. Turns out it was my vegan DD, the youngest. I caught her eating pizza in the middle of the night.Turns out she has been starving herself during the day, binge eating at night, then throwing it up when she knows I'm asleep. I've noticed that she had lost some weight over the summer but figured it was just because she wasn't eating as much junk as she used to. We had a gentle but serious talk about it and she asked me to get her help because she doesn't think she'll be able to stop. I'm very proud of her for being brave enough to ask for help.I got her in with my doctor (who is an absolute angel) and a new Paediatrician. We let them know what was going on and they did a full physical where they discovered some odd beating with her heart. She had an ultrasound and saw the paediatric cardiologist who confirmed there was a an extra beat every third beat, she thinks it could be related to her eating disorder and electrolytes. she's getting a full blood workup this weekend and my Doctor has already referred her to an eating disorder clinic pending her blood and heart results.She's so young, just turned 12 last week, i cant believe I didn't notice or suspect anything going on with her.If anyone has any advice, being a parent with a child with an eating disorder, or having had one yourself. I want to be as supportive as i can without making her feel bad.TLDR: Tuns out it was an eating disorder, but not the suspected kid. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ntva8i

No comments:

Post a Comment