Thursday 26 September 2019

Figuring out how to let another parent and their child down.


My daughter (7), had a friend who she no longer likes because of some completely valid reasons. Our daughter also has anxiety and when she knows that she will have to see this other girl her anxiety gets pretty intense. The other parents who we really do like are a very... non-consequence driven household and what their daughter wants she gets. They have invited us to an event for their daughter. In past years they have changed the dates of the event because she wants to make sure our daughter can make it. How do we say no, without hurting feelings, but also make it clear we aren't going to be there at a later date if they change it. I hate the thought of lying, but that's kind of where I am. My daughter adamantly does not want to go, and I'm not going to force. Obviously I kept things as vague as possible, because we honestly like these people. Not that it matters but I am the Dad. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2mZCsAx

No comments:

Post a Comment