Thursday 26 September 2019

Very stressful day-turned around!


Found out today that my 10 yo started her period a week ago and didn’t tell me. We’ve talked about changing body stuff a year ago and I try to keep open lines of communication with her about every topic, because I didn’t have that growing up. She didn’t tell me probably because she didn’t know how to bring it up randomly/ too embarrassed but I knew something was up by her behavior (extra clingy/hugs/acting like something is on her mind) and I asked her repeatedly if she was ok but she always said “fine”. So I dropped it.Lately though with work, and juggling other things we’ve been disconnected (it seems) and since finding out she started her period, it being a big life change for her, and a scary reality/fear for me as a parent, combined with a bad day at work, I felt extremely stressed out all day today.But today we had more quality time, we ate dinner together as a family, we played card games and as she came to say her good nights for bed she laid down on me, instead of her usual kiss goodnight, and ended up falling asleep.I’m not gonna wake her just yet, I wanna keep her my baby for a little while longer.She doesn’t realize that I needed this more than she does. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2lzXZzu

No comments:

Post a Comment