Saturday 28 September 2019

Was I wrong to give in to my kids?


I went to a nearby wal mart with my children and mindless me I didn’t think about how my kids were going to react when we passed by the Halloween costumes section. I’ve been thinking of getting them costumes but not until next month due to money issues. So we pass by the Halloween costumes and my girls quickly picked up Minnie Mouse ears and put it on their head. I tell them that they’re going to have to return them because we’re not buying them. They seem ok. I’m browsing with my youngest sitting in the wagon and he’s so well behaved in comparison to my girls. So I walk over to the health and beauty section and the ears are still on their heads, I go over to them and tell them we have to put it back and that we’re going to buy it next time. They throw a crying fit and everyones staring so I point at another costume that comes with a set to distract them. They calm down. Long story short I end up buying all three kids a full set of costume by charging it to my credit card, and my girls threw another fit while I packed them in the car. I was so irritated that I wanted to return their costumes. Of course I didn’t. During our drive home they fall asleep and I’m thinking about ways I could have handled the situation different. Was I wrong to give in to their tantrums? How could I have handled things differently? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2o0ARLd

No comments:

Post a Comment