Monday 30 September 2019

Fellow parents, what should I do? My child's teacher made her wait for the bathroom so long she wet herself.


Not sure where to post this on Reddit, I usually only read, but today I was called by my daughter's school to bring pants and underwear for my daughter because she wet herself. She is 6 years old in first grade, she hasn't had any accidents since she was 3. I came to the school and brought the clothes and asked her what happened. She told me that she told her teacher she needed the restroom but the teacher told her no and to wait until after the lesson. She said she asked again abd was denied, then she wet herself and told her teacher who still told her to WAIT! Then she was taken to the office to wait for another 10 mins or so until I could get there with clothes.I am beyond pissed off. I plan on talking to the principal and the teacher because I feel this is horribly unacceptable to do to a first grader. This teacher is a "new" teacher. She used to be a music teacher for 4th graders, then a third grade teacher, then a 2nd grade and now a 1st grade teacher. I'm wondering if she has a history of being shitty and keeps getting moved around schools. What should I do about this? How should I go about addressing it? Should I tell my child just to go regardless of what the teacher says? I don't want to undermine authority figures in her life because that leads to its own host of issues but at the same time I don't want her to feel like adults can force her to just wet herself because they aren't done talking. Help me out Reddit parents. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ncnCXR

No comments:

Post a Comment