Sunday 29 September 2019

The worst part about being a parent is the irrational fear we have for our kids safety.


We live in Michigan, a state that has seen 3 deaths currently from the EEE disease which is transmitted by mosquitos.Our daughter was bit by a mosquito at our local park on Thursday and my wife has been irrationally (her words) nervous about our daughter coming down with EEE. I’ve spent our time telling her that she doesn’t have EEE and that only 21 people have come down with this in the country so far, which means the changes of her having it are EXTREMELY low. So low that I doubt one could put a real number or percentage chance out there.However this is night 3 and our daughter is having a hard time sleeping and now we’re all sitting up, watching Trolls and I’m being irrationally scared myself. I find myself saying silent prayers that these thoughts would just go away, that I’m being ridiculous, etc. I made the mistake of telling my wife that I’m irrationally feeling the same way as her which has her freaking out even more.She isn’t showing any symptoms but I can’t shake the fact that our normally fantastic sleeper was up at 2am screaming for us. I know we’re looking way too into this.I hate this part of being a parent. I want time to move as slowly as possible so I can enjoy it but I also want it to be fast forwarded so that she can live and experience a long, happy, fulfilling life. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2nCkrZl

No comments:

Post a Comment