Thursday 26 September 2019

I stopped giving my kids an allowance.


I stopped giving my kid allowance.My mom always said that children shouldn't be given an allowance for cleaning up their room and doing chores in the house. Because, we should all take pride in maintaining the household and show how we value our living space.I tried it out. I stopped paying him to do chores. He was upset at first. But I explained it to him that these are things that need to be done daily and that no one will pay him for these things when he's older. And told him that if he wanted money for something and I had it, and his overall behavior is good then I will give him money.I'm surprised. It's been a few months. Both my kids wake up and the first thing they do is make their beds. Check around for any toys loose.My oldest (8 years old.) Takes out the garbage daily. My youngest (6 years old.) Loves to help me make lunches and prep for supper.I also started teaching him about money. I let them watch me pay bills. How much my pay is, how much food etc cost. They seem to be much more apreciative and understanding. I also told him how he can spend his money on candy etc if he wants or he can save up for something. Luckily for me he saves half and spend half of whatever I give him. They've both managed to save over 1000$ in the last year or so. He still gets money almost every 2 week but its not predicated on chores. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2nv6Wup

No comments:

Post a Comment