Friday 27 September 2019

Beyond “picky” eater?!


My little guy will be 4 in December, and he and my oldest have always been on the pickier side for food, but I feel like his issue is becoming extreme! I’ve taken him to the pediatrician for a look over, he’s been referred to speech and occupational therapists (we thought maybe he had some sensory issues with food, but he just started pre-school where they serve lunch and eats what they serve pretty decently, from what I’m told), we’ve even gone to a child psychologist! Everyone says “just make eating fun!” “Just let him eat whatever, as long as he’s eating!” “He won’t starve himself, he’ll eat eventually”. We even tried the horrendous advice of continuously offering the same plate of food til he eats it (I knew this wouldn’t work for him, and if anything it was detrimental, but the ped at the time insisted it was “the way” so we tried just to say we tried). We try to make eating times as relaxed and positive as possible and eat as a family, but he hardly eats anything! I can see his little hips bones starting to show from the back whenever he runs around without his shirt!! It’s terrifying. He doesn’t act sick, weak, or tired, all the tests they’ve ran for him have come back normal. What do I do?? I feel like I’m failing at my Mom job! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2o2rYRv

No comments:

Post a Comment