Thursday 26 September 2019

Wife and I are at odds on how to deal with daughter.


My wife (28F) and I (30M) took in her niece, nephew and step-niece 3 years ago this April. Prior to this we only had one child, a boy. Fast Forward and the step-niece is 12 and just started the 6th grade. It has become quite frequent where she is not setting an alarm in the morning or sleeping through it and missing the bus. All of the kids have a 9 pm bedtime, she gets up between 5:30-6:00 am. My wife is usually the one to discover she has missed the bus but because I work from home the majority of the time I’m typically the one to handle it. My wife feels she will only learn if she has to walk to school with me following along in the car. It’s a 2 mile walk to her school and doing this takes time from me helping the others (F9, M8, M8) from getting ready as well as pushing back my work starting time. Usually I just drive her and deal with my wife bitching at me. Today I let her walk around 1/2 - 1 mile and drove her the rest of the way. This still pissed my wife off and she hasn’t spoken to me all day. My wife and I don’t agree on a lot and she usually never listens to me anyway. My opinion is that she is to hard on the step-niece and I think it’s starting to show. So Reddit - what are your thoughts, should she be walking? At 12 should I be walking her up instead of relying on an alarm? What would you do? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2m2fo3S

No comments:

Post a Comment