Saturday 28 September 2019

Parenthood is for extroverts.


It might sound weird but it is. Just the fact that you are stuck with another human always needing you, talking to you, and involving you, forcibly makes you one, but that’s just the beginning. I thought I was extremely extroverted when I had my daughter and I had no idea just how introverted I was haha. Every time someone wants to see her I have to be involved. Almost every time I’m in public with her people talk to her/ me, or to me about her, etc. It amazes me how many people think you want to talk for 10min at the grocery store about how old your child is and what their current developmental milestones are. Sorry if this was a bit of a rant but I just thought maybe a few of you could relate. If you can, know you’re not alone. I too am trying to figure how to to navigate it all. I realize this all might not be true to the exact definition of extrovert but I think you all know what I’m trying to say lol.So to all the fellow parents out there having to talk to too many people this week, including your little munchkin(s), I feel you, and I’m sorry! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2m0iMfH

No comments:

Post a Comment