Monday 30 September 2019

I cannot stand who my 9 year old daughter has become lately.


We used to get along so well and discuss fun things. She was unique and liked a little bit of everything but now she is always trashing everything from the way I look, the music I listen to, me not having a job from being disabled, anything that her younger brother likes.For instance, on the way home from his soccer game tonight, she constantly tells me the music we were singing sucked and that the only reason he likes it is because he thinks I’m cool which she then tells me that I’m not. I’ve always taught her to be true to herself and not care about what others think is cool but it’s fallen on deaf ears. She went from being a huge Star Wars fan to only liking fashion and pop music. Now, she constantly acts too grown for stuff and is quite frankly, extremely rude. She bashes her brother, complains about food choices, tells me and her mother that we aren’t cool. Hell, she bragged about being the most popular kid in her class today. What did I do wrong here?It’s getting to the point where I can’t even muster up enough energy to be around her. If I pick her up from school and ask how she’s doing, she doesn’t even respond. She points out physical flaws in me left and right and it makes me so angry that she can be so hurtful. In 9 years, she hasn’t admitted fault to anything ever. It just blows my mind because I’ve raised her brother the same way and he’s the sweetest, kindest kid but I’m afraid she’ll rub off on him eventually. She puts him down a lot. I don’t know. Maybe I’m just venting but I do love her but right now, she is incredibly unlikeable to me(apparently not her 4th grade class however)ha.Edit: why is this being downvoted? I thought we could be a little more honest on this forum. It’s hard to talk about this stuff openly. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2mth4DO

No comments:

Post a Comment