Friday 27 September 2019

Just wanted to share


I have two girls. One about to turn 5 and one about to turn 3. This happened about six months ago.We live on a ranch and built a new house about 2/10s of a mile from the old one. We just kind of moved ourselves from one house to the other a little at a time.So we put the girls down for a nap and went up to the old house to move a load of boxes.I guess we took longer than we thought (about 10 minutes) because I look out the window and see my older girl at the top of the hill from the old house. Then I see the younger daughter about half way up the hill crying. The older girl runs back down the hill, picks her up and then runs back up the hill. Well as much run as a 4 year old can while holding a 2 year old.Anyway, I go out to get them and see that they are both crying. Turns out they woke up, got scared and came looking for us.Here is why I'm sharing though and why I'm so proud.The older girl not only didn't leave her sister. She put her boots on her and took her with her to find us. She was scared and running, but when the younger sister couldn't keep up she went back and carried her. That's love. Even though she was crying and scared herself she took care of her little sister.I felt so bad. Don't worry, we didn't leave them like that again. No need to send me hate messages about never leaving kids that young alone. I just wanted to share how proud I am of my daughter. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ngKo0A

No comments:

Post a Comment