Friday 27 September 2019

When you see a child doing something wrong but their own parent encourages it, do you say something?


I’m gonna try to keep this brief, but another post on here reminded me of this time I was at the beach recently. I’m there with my kids, and there are a lot of other people and families around. There are two girls probably around 5-8 playing with my son in the shallow ocean, and they seem unsupervised for a pretty long time.After a while, a couple walks up and yells to the girls that it’s time to go, I’m assuming they are the parents of the two girls. They also have a toddler with them. The mom gets down and changes the toddlers diaper, then tosses the diaper on the sand. She also takes empty drink bottles out of her bag and tosses them down as well. I thought maybe she was cleaning out her bag and she’d pick the trash up separately, but no.Even worse, after the little girls are yelled at again to get out of the water, they get out and walk back towards the parents. One of the girls starts to pick up the trash surrounding their things while the parents are packing their stuff up. The girl then gets yelled at again for picking up the trash, and she’s told repeatedly to throw it back down even though she argues at first that she should clean it up.The mom grabs the girls arm, which causes her to drop the trash, then the mom drags the girl away, continuing to yell at her, while the rest of the group follow. They left behind a dirty diaper, multiple water bottles, soda and beer cans, and some potato chip bags. I felt so bad for the little girl, I wanted to say something so bad but I was watching my son in the water and didn’t wanna leave him.What would you do in that situation? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2nZxp3E

No comments:

Post a Comment