Friday 27 September 2019

Wandering Tweens


I always feel like a helicopter mom because I don’t just let my kid go wandering off wherever she wants, especially by herself. Some of her friends parents let their kids wander freely, wherever and whenever they want.These parents have let their kids come to my house and these kids will stay all weekend. I’ve never met some of them (the parents). I’ve never let my kid stay at the home of someone I’ve never met, and I never would. I don’t mind the kids being here, at least I know where they are and what they are doing.Today one of her friends got dropped off and not only did the parents come in, they wanted my number!! It feels weird to me that I’m so excited about this, but the fact they cared that much makes me feel so much better about my kid hanging out with this girl. And, in the future, letting her possibly stay there.Did the rules change? I know my parents knew all my friends parents, and talked regularly. It seems weird to me that so many parents are indifferent to their childrens whereabouts.Should I be less restrictive? My family (parents/siblings) think I’m to lenient, but with her friends parents I feel very strict in comparison. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2nU3Ujz

No comments:

Post a Comment