Sunday 29 September 2019

I am mad


My oldest is in the process of getting an ASD diagnosis. But he’s usually pretty collaborative and has a lot of fun doing various activities such as toddler gym, etc. But lately he’s been having meltdowns. all. the. time. But I still try to distract him by bringing him to his favourite places. The thing is, my husband works all the time and we also have a nine month old, which I bring along all the time. So I’m always carting around a 3 year old with possible ASD and a 9 month old everywhere. This morning, at his toddler gym class which he usually loves, he was having a hard time. I was wearing the 9 month old on my back and when they were presented some toys to play with, a lady who was there with her husband and her baby daughter told me « you know, your baby would also enjoy playing with those toys. » as if I were somehow depriving him of this pleasure. I told her that I had to take care of my oldest at the moment and that I’m doing my best given my resources. It really frustrated me since I was there alone with two kids and she was there with her husband with one kid, judging my parenting to my youngest. Maybe I’m overly sensitive but I’m really tired because I am trying my best. I’m tired. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2mG4AZR

No comments:

Post a Comment