Thursday 30 November 2017

Would you go on a 5 hour road trip with 4 kids (ages 2, 3, 4 and 8) by yourself?


Please let me know if I'm being a huge Christmas Grinch!I have 2 girls (2 and 3), and my brother's family has 2 boys (4 and 8). This year we are spending Christmas at my parents house, which is about a 5 hour drive away.We usually go for about a week, but this year I have an extra week off work so I was planning on heading up a week early with my kids. Then my husband, and my brothers family would all make the trip a week later when the adults were finished working. I was looking forward to a nice relaxing week with my kids and my parents.Now my parents and my brother have requested that I bring my nephews with me when I go a week early. This will mean a 5 hours road trip with 4 kids - which I am dreading. It will also mean that the kids will now outnumber the adults (and the ages are quite spread apart now, so they all need different activities to keep busy/happy) - so my relaxing week is now a week spent babysitting my brothers kids.But - my parents want it, my nephews get an extra week of vacation, my kids are happy when their cousins are around. I realize how selfish I'm being!What would you do? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zS1gA8

No comments:

Post a Comment