Sunday 26 November 2017

Any advice for parenting in this age of technology?


My daughter, who is 11 going on 12, is all about the internet. Granted i do time limit and monitor, I'm so clueless about how to approach some dangers of the internet with her. She plays an online game "roblocks?" I just recently learned it is with other actual players, she tells me about her role-playing server, and the "kids" she talks to. I keep stressing to not give out personal info, or anything like that but in the good old teen fashion, she blows it off as me being paranoid.My daughter is normally very responsible and honestly very smart for her age, so i try to be a little more, lenient? At the same time though, i have no idea how to handle situations when it comes to the internet. When i was a kid, i remember being add trusting as her but i knew not to give out info. (I was 12 when we got our first computer, back in the dais of dial up) but now that schools are moving from books to tablets and computers, everything is done online, how do you know what to monitor, what to trust?? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BniuCq

No comments:

Post a Comment