Thursday 30 November 2017

How do I get my son to stop biting?


My almost 14 month son has been biting me a lot since I started weaning him right after his birthday. I bought "Teeth Are Not For Biting" and I read it to him all the time. I tell him that teeth are not for biting and that biting hurts me and put him down when he does bite me. He cries because I put him down but then as soon as I pick him up, he bites me again.At first I attributed it to him being mad that he was being weaned but now he has been weaned for a whole month now. He bites sometimes when he is hungry or bored and I just don't know what to do anymore. Today he bit me so hard that it instantly bruised and I got a blood blister. I'm at the end of my rope. Please help, I don't want to be scared that he is going to bite me whenever I hold him.Edited to add: he doesn't bite his dad, only me via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ArHTgT

No comments:

Post a Comment