Tuesday 28 November 2017

Explain Spanking To Me...


Let me be clear that this is not me trying to start Internet debates or cuss people out, I'm just genuinely interested to hear the opinions of parents who either use to spank/physically discipline their kids and have stopped or continue to do so. I'm strongly against it, and after being exposed this thanksgiving break to how much of my fiancé's family spanks I just don't understand it. Is it because you were raised in a similar way and feel like it truly helped you or is it out of sheer exhaustion of being a parent? The experience I've had is that my friends and siblings who were hit as kids grew up with anger issues and go immediately to hitting as their outlets. I don't get how my fiance's aunt whose father got arrested for child abuse can hit her kids for trivial things like not getting dressed. I don't think there's any justifying it, but I'm interested to understand the reasoning. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BrmNwx

No comments:

Post a Comment