Thursday 30 November 2017

Having to make a tough decisions about our twins and schooling. Put them in the same class or redshirt one who is ready?


Kindergarten registration is approaching and I am having trouble deciding what to do with my younger two kids. They are "artificial twins" and are only 3 months apart. My son's birthday is in May and my daughter's birthday is in August. Both are 4 turning 5. The cutoff date is December 1st. Both will be eligible for kindergarten next year.We want them in the bilingual program at the local elementary. The kids in this program start in the same class in kindergarten and continue until sixth grade. If we start both kids on time they would be in the same class from now until sixth grade unless one of them transferred out. I know that most people recommend against having twins in the same class and we would avoid that if we could, but that seems unlikely.Our options areA) Send both kids to the bilingual program and have them be in the same classroom from kindergarten until sixth grade. If anyone has experience in doing this I would love to hear about it.B) Redshirt my daughter. I really don't want to do this because she is so ready for kindergarten. I worry about the impact of holding a kid out who is emotionally and academically ready for kindergarten.C) Send them both to kindergarten but only send one (or neither) to the bilingual program. My husband hates this option and won't even consider it. He wants both of the kids in the bilingual program.What would you do? We aren't in love with any if the options but having them in the same class seems like our best option even though it tends to be frowned upon. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2isFBXI

No comments:

Post a Comment