Thursday 30 November 2017

Have you ever had one of those moments where you feel you've failed as a parent?


Have you ever?I am having one of those moments right now.My oldest, 18f moved out recently. She's a smart girl but is incredibly naive and gullible. She moved in with a real 'winner', and it's just been trouble since day 1. Kid doesn't have a job, does drugs, has a criminal background for assault and moved my daughter into a condemnable home (literally has a hole, the size of a VW Bug in the kitchen roof). This young man is controlling, verbally abusive and just a real waste of space overall.Today, in one of the many conversations my Wife had with her, I heard this young man yelling at my daughter though my wife's phone across the table. I finally take action and call this man and give him a very heated piece of my mind. Everything in their house, I bought them and he said to me, "You can't tell me what to do, I'm a grown ass man". My daughter is in tech school to being a vet assistant. She's been missing class ever since she moved out and I learned today that she's likely going to get kicked out at semester end because she's missed so many days this month.I hung up, spoke with my wife, and came to the painful realization that I have to let my daughter get hurt (emotionally and possibly even physically) before she will realize that she's made a grave mistake. I called the police and spoke to them, they can't help unless I chose to call them citing imminent danger.I actually have to sit back, angry mind you, and watch this scum bag turn my 5'10" blonde hair blue eyed girl into a monster and I am powerless to stop it. Where did I go wrong as a father?Sorry to rant. Thanks for listening. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2AfA6lG

No comments:

Post a Comment