Sunday 26 November 2017

I stole my son's bike


After countless, and I mean countless, times of telling my 11 y/o son to put his bike away in the garage when he gets and him not doing it... I stole it. About a week ago I came home around 7pm, it was dark and raining, and his bike was in the middle of the driveway. We live on a fairly busy street in a subdivision and have heard of bikes going missing from neighbours. Despite numerous attempts to make him understand that people will steal his stuff he still didn't care. So, that night, I took his bike and put it in the shed and waited for him to realize it was missing the next day. He doesn't seem to care. As with most of his belongings (except his tablet) he has no real pride of ownership or care really... He just thinks "that sucks and I guess next summer I'll get a new one". So now what do I do? How do I return the bike while continuing to teach a lesson? Do I say someone found it and returned it? (Might think that things always work out) Do I tell him I took it? (Will think that I'll continue to clean up after him) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2AA1GuY

No comments:

Post a Comment