Tuesday 28 November 2017

Teacher has reached out to my twice about my son wearing shorts to school. Is she over the line?


We live in New York. My son either rides a bike or skateboards to school everyday. He refuses to wear anything other than basketball or skateboard style shorts. He has jeans and joggers in his closet but refuses to wear them. I have given up on this battle and even if I tried to enforce it, he leaves after me and would change when I left. I figure that if he gets cold, then it is his problem. Natural consequences, right?One of his teachers called me in early November about him wearing shorts. I explained to her that I am aware and that I don't consider it to be an issue. She seemed a little surprised but agreed to stop bugging him about it. I got another call today about him wearing shorts from the same teacher. I asked if he was complaining about being cold and she admitted that he never complained, but that it's getting cold out and she wanted to check in again.I feel like this is ridiculous. I teach as well and know that she is looking out for signs of abuse or neglect, but my son clearly isn't being neglected. He said that he isn't the only one who wears shorts to school still. I am worried about how she'll react when it's snowing and he shows up in shorts. Anyone else think this is a little too much?Edit: First "my" should say "me." via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2idsr0z

No comments:

Post a Comment