Thursday 30 November 2017

How to terrify a mom (but it all turned out OK)


So my high school daughter and I were at a college recruitment event tonight. We were leaving, and I called home and told my wife we were heading home, and would be back in about 30 minutes. And about 25 minutes later, just before we arrived home, a police officer showed up at our door and rang the doorbell. "Mrs. Graptemys?" he said. "Yes..." The officer then said, "Your daughter was in a collision..." My poor wife said she had no idea what was going on and began to panic. The officer continued, "...a few months ago. And some of the paperwork has been misplaced and we are trying to close out the case file..." My daughter was in fact in a wreck a while back, and we were fine tonight, and pulled up in the driveway when the officer was still there. Once I was told what was going on, I suggested that he lead with "A few months ago..." next time. Apparently the officer had tried to call me several times as well, and the number showed up as No Caller ID, and also came while I was in the meeting. So, fun times... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2it0Pok

No comments:

Post a Comment