Tuesday 28 November 2017

I don't really know why I'm posting this, I just need some support from people who understand


Tonight, I cuddled up with my 4 & 7yr old to get them off to sleep (we co-sleep sometimes, their favourite place to be is their mama's bed ❤️). The girls were chatting away and I wasn't really paying attention until my oldest, L said to my LO "S, do you know what to do if there's a lockdown at school?" Naturally I was curious so asked her what she was talking about and she told me they've been having drills at school to make sure they understand the lockdown procedure.For a little bit of context, my country has experienced a lot of terror attacks this year, one of which children were deliberately targeted. It makes complete sense that they have a plan in place for an event like this and I'm so glad the school are prepared. This post is not bashing them.Back to my kids. My oldest told me how they know a drill has begun but if it was a real lockdown they'd know because they'd see the person or animal running around... L then told me during the last drill she'd had to tell one of S's little friends what to do because she didn't understand what was happening.... My heart is breaking. All I can think about is how scary & confusing it would be, especially for the little ones. They're so innocent & sweet and this has just reminded me of how vulnerable they are and that even though I feel like they're safe when they're at school they're really not. It makes me want to never let them leave the house again which I know can't happen. I don't really know what the purpose of this post is, I just need a pep talk because the world is so fucked up and scary and I just want my babes (and every other child) to be safe. via /r/Parenting https://www.reddit.com/r/Parenting/comments/7g8byg/i_dont_really_know_why_im_posting_this_i_just/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment