Tuesday 28 November 2017

My 2 year old refuses to eat most things


My daughter is 2.5 next month. Totally typical kid. Growing well, talking great, starting to potty train.For the last year her food preferences have narrowed, and narrowed, and narrowed. The first hurdle is milk. This kid will ONLY drink milk. I’m watering down milk lately. She’ll only drink water if we’re out in the heat and she’s crazy thirsty. I kept juice from her because of the sugar, but man what kid doesn’t even want to TRY juice?She used to eat some things that we could hide veggies in (she loves apple sauce pouches and we snuck in apple/broccoli purées as long as we could. No longer possible. She knows what broccoli is.We’ve hit a point where her menu options are pathetic and I’m at my wits end. I stopped cooking 3 meals a long time ago, but even if I did she still wouldn’t eat.Breakfast: man she loved eggos forever and nope. Cheerios, berries, banana and/or apple sauce with milk.Snack: at school. It’s usually pretzels or crackers and a tiny cup of milkLunch: she’s at school and eats literally the same lunch every day because she’s still eating it and I refuse to tamper with it. Small fake peanut butter sandwich (soy based), some sort of cracker and a fruit option. I send her with water that is never touched.Dinner: fuck dinner. Dinner should not stress me out this much. She is heavily attached to Mac and cheese, and while I used to be able to get organic stuff through, it’s a no-go unless it’s gross velveeta. Usually will get a side of some sort. She doesn’t touch vegetables. She doesn’t touch ANY meat. The only other thing she will consider is pizza. If I’m lucky sometimes she’ll be in the mood for yogurt or something. She gets a cup of milk and when she asks for me she gets a watered down cup.I’ve basically listed everything my child will eat. The only addition would be stealing our French fries.I’m trying to stay on top of vitamins for obvious reasons, but also because I’m getting so worried.She’s thriving as far as I can tell but it cannot at all be healthy that she eats all of like 5 things or just refuses to eat.She refuses smoothies. She’s lactose intolerant (really only with milk itself) so pediasure is out. Even if it was an option, she wouldn’t go near it.What do I do?! HOW do I get my kid to consume food? She has a sweet tooth that I rarely indulge. Is there some sort of secret cookie recipe that I can trick her into eating?Help. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2k93VhA

No comments:

Post a Comment