Tuesday 28 November 2017

Am i right to have become angry with my mother???


My husband and i rarely if ever get to go out. We do other things but mostly our childcare is only available during the day and not at night.Anyway, tonight we went out and had dinner and then to see a comedian about a 30 minute drive from where we live.My mother is our prime source of childcare. (Again - we do not go out regularly). We made the plans a few weeks ago and said we'd be leaving for the dinner about 6ish and that the show started at 8pm finished at 10.05. Half an hours drive back etc.I have 2 children. 1 is 7 the other has just turned 3. The 3 year olds bedtime is 6.30 The 7 year olds bedtime is 7pm on a school night she is allowed to read a book for 20 minutes or so if she wants to.I said all of this and my mother knew this before we went out.Got back at 10.45pm.to find both kids wide awake and watching Youtube videos. My eldest was absolutely exhauseted. My mum said she couldnt get them to sleep, she didnt know how to get them to sleepturn off the youtube maybeI said it was unacceptable ESPECIALLY on a school night! and that she could have just got them a milk and a blanket, turned off everything for 20 minutes and let them fall where they lie (she wouldnt have been able to get them upstairs)She is staying the night tonight and things are going to be awkward in the morning if i dont speak to her about it without shouting tomorrow.What should i have said? Should i have lost it? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ieBDC1

No comments:

Post a Comment