Wednesday 29 November 2017

Aggressive bedtime routine, how do I break the habit?


When it’s time for my 14mo daughter to go to bed, I basically just lay with her until she puts herself to sleep. She wants to nurse, and then wants to sleep, but no cuddles or anything. Just wants me in the room.Lately she has started to rub her forehead against mine when she starts to get tired, which would be cute, if it didn’t start off with her full force slamming into my face. She also will do this to the bed room wall as we’re laying in bed.How the heck do I break her of this before she seriously hurts herself or me? I show her how to be gentle with the rubbing, and all of that. She gets so mad if I deny the head rubs, I get the front of my hair pulled and she scratches at my face. I tell her, that hurts mommy and to use nice hands, and she totally gets it! She softly strokes my face and makes sweet noises. But man! She totally beats me up with these head rubs. I’d love some help before I have to go to the ER for a broken nose hahaha via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2Ak8Mmw

No comments:

Post a Comment