Wednesday 29 November 2017

I only want one child, but why do I feel so guilty... also, why is everyone asking when baby #2 will come?


My daughter is 18 months old, and the last couple of months has been hard. I suffered from severe PPD and our marriage almost ended because of it. We went for couple's therapy which helped a bit and our relationship has improved. I can't imagine going through the newborn phase again, having to cope with a toddler and a baby, besides our daughter is still not sleeping through the night. There are so many reasons I do not want another child (I am also 35). I feel like a terrible person for not wanting to give my child a sibling, but I am almost certain that it would be a bad idea. Everyone that was pregnant the same time as me already had their second child and people won't stop asking when our second will arrive! I would like to hear from other parents of only children if they ever regretted their decision, also if only children really do grow up lonely and spoiled? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2Bvi253

No comments:

Post a Comment