Tuesday 28 November 2017

My 4 year old son has become very detached and uncomfortable with me as his mother. I am heartbroken and feel like I have lost my son forever? (advice)


I am a stay at home mom to two boys . The youngest is one years old and the oldest is four years old.Both of my children really love their dad. My oldest one particularly. He asks about his dad constantly throughout the day. He sleeps with his dad and becomes anxious when his dad is not around. I try to spend time with him but he rejects me. He screams when I try to hug him and says he doesn't love me - he loves his dad. He wont let me share a movie with him or even serve him dinner.This all started when I was pregnant with my youngest. I was on bedrest and his dad had to care for the oldest most days. After the birth, I quit my job to stay at home with the boys- but my new infant was extremely sick and colicky requiring more time away from the oldest. Shortly after, I took on a work from home job. It was a great opportunity but the startup took a lot of time away from the boys initially as well.Now that I am back in the swing of things. I am able to spend more time with the boys. I take them swimming, to the park everyday and do fun things, spend the days with them... but to no avail. My son just has not reformed his bond with me. Only has eyes for his dad. His dad, I think, revels in this and feels a sense of love and pride.I continue to be his parent, but I feel very hurt and discouraged - As a parent, I have given up nearly everything and so much of my day and life is centered around the kids. It is difficult to not receive that love and recognition back. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iaVqSI

No comments:

Post a Comment